Qualified students can receive a scholarship and assured admittance to professional programs. The University of the Incarnate Word, a longtime leader in healthcare education, has announce a new initiative available to outstanding high school seniors with strong academic ability seeking advanced degrees in nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy, optometry or medicine. UIW’s new Direct Admit Health Professions Program provided provisional admission into one of the university’s professional programs for Texas high school seniors ranking in the top five percent of their class after their junior year.
Students can choose from the following professional programs:
- Doctor of Nursing Practive (D.N.P) – Ila Faye Miller School of Nursing and Health Professions
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) – Rosenberg School of Optometry
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) – School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) – Feik School of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (D.P.T.) – School of Physical Therapy
For more information on these programs, visit Health Professions.
Photo: Veronica Markland | Today’s Catholic Newspaper | archsa.org